Sunday, July 4, 2010

Why I Started Up Another Medley...

Because I felt like it, mainly.

But also, 1) because the old Medley was the only blog I ever had that was worth so much as a quarter of a damn, so I gave this one the same name for that and some sentimental reasons; 2) because the Gulf of Mexico is ruined for at least the rest of my life, assuming I reach the average lifespan of today's American males, and I'm only 39, 3) because I'm pissed of at, ashamed of, tied to, and worried half to death over what's in store for my country, not just over the second reason, but for many others as well, and 4) if this is the best I can do, I might as well do it -- anything less won't do.

And besides, this webpage is a lot nicer to look at than the old one was. I've half a mind to paint the walls of my apartment this same sky blue color...

4 comments:

  1. Great new look, Jim. And yeah, I share your concerns about the fate of our country; things aren't looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're fucked. Plain and simple.

    But I ain't stayin' silent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the new look is nice. A good place to not be silent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, i tried the silence thing for a good while. It sucks...

    ReplyDelete

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...