Wednesday, October 27, 2010

First, I Had To Calm Down...

I got home from work last night, did this and that around the apartment, then went online. And that was when I first heard of that cowardly asshole of a Rand Paul supporter, Tim Profitt, stomping on Lauren Valle's head and giving her a concussion. I started to write a post about that, but these days, whenever I start to get so pissed off that I can't think straight, I stop whatever I'm doing.*

That's why I'm not going to bother with the story about Profitt wanting Valle to apologize to him for attacking his foot with her head. I'm not going to bother with the ridiculous Big Journalism reader who likened Valle to Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, the Manson family woman who tried to assassinate Gerald Ford, either. And I'm definitely not going to paint Lauren Valle as some sort of martyr. I've seen the video of her holding that sign up a few feet away from Rand Paul -- by now, everyone has -- and as far as I'm concerned, she's a complete fucking idiot for doing that.

This is about what pissed me off so bad that I couldn't think straight last night, and that was seeing the video of Profitt stomping on Valle's head. And the way that footage looks to me, if it wasn't for that guy who was holding Valle down raising his hand and going "No, no, no" after Profitt did that, I'm almost positive he would have stomped her a second time, maybe even a third. Ooooo, what a big man he is.

Plain and simple: You, don't, do, that, here. EVER! Politics has nothing to do with this shit -- if it had been a male MoveOn activist stomping on the head of a female Tea Partier, I would have been just as blindly pissed off. This isn't Hitler's Germany, Mussolini's Italy, Pol Pot's Cambodia, or Stalin's Russia. This is the United States of America. YOU, DON'T, DO, THAT, HERE. EVER!

That's all I have to say. I'm starting to go blind again...

{*: That, by the way, is also one big reason why I no longer blog over at skippy's place -- the last few posts I wrote over there, before deleting a whole slew of posts I'd written for him, contained some of the ugliest shit in them that I've ever written. I have no wish to repeat that behavior...}

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Jim. I sense a great deal of anger on both the right and the left, but what I find particularly telling is that almost all of the hatred--the really ugly stuff--comes from the right. It's a reflection of our country's dangerous descent into fascism.

    ReplyDelete

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...