Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blogging At Random...

Back to this Jared Loughner nut for a few minutes... Man, this guy is just plain gone. And the campus police at the college Loughner attended knew it. But there was only so much that they could do about it -- the kid hadn't committed any crimes while he was enrolled there. I can't help wondering what cuts into what's left of our liberties are going to result from this asshole's actions in Tucson last month.

In the meantime, I'm real glad they've got him under lock and key now. Technically, he's innocent until proven guilty. But there was a time the same could be said of O. J. Simpson. We all know the kid is guilty as sin...

* * *

Speaking of psychos with guns in Arizona, I'm glad they've taken this woman off the streets, too. But this particular story happens to illustrate just one reason why I glance at the news nowadays instead of following it. I seek information when I deal with news stories; unfortunately, what I get more than anything else is newspeak, especially with the so-called mainstream media, and frankly, I've gotten so damned dog-tired of this stupid shit, I wouldn't mind seeing some of these nonsense-peddlers lose their jobs and have their unemployment run out on them.

Tom Scocca of Slate sums this one up nicely. Shawna Forde oversaw the murders of an immigrant father and his daughter, but because she's white, she's a border activist. When people take up weapons for the same reason Forde did in other countries, we call them militants. When they kill people like she did, we call them terrorists -- but when the lilywhite Arizona lady Shawna Forde engages in terrorism, it's called border activism.

Yeah, well, the mainstream media can call it whatever they want. This time, the "border activist" is getting the terrorist treatment. No complaints here...

* * *

And speaking of Arizona and the scared-shitless nativism that's been going on there for a while now...

I thought about linking to an article about how the black, Latino, and Asian percentages of the American population are on the rise while the white population is in decline, and how that bothers lots of white people, especially the Teabaggers -- but you know what? I, DON'T, GIVE, A, FUCK about this. In fact, I love the fact that white people are thirty to forty years away from becoming a minority in this country -- and I'm white! I ain't worried about white people becoming a minority in America. Why should I be? I'm already in a minority -- the gay one. What, I'm gonna get fucked up the ass for being white down the road? Hell, what's the bad news?

But seriously, I do enjoy diversity. Ethnic differences, religious differences, it don't matter to me -- everybody brings something different to the table, I have sampled what a lot of these people who are different from me have contributed, and I feel enriched because of that. We're all human. Deep down, it's all good.

And these immigrants the nativist angry old white pricks want to shut out? Like it or not, they represent the future of America more strongly than anyone else -- they came here looking for a better life, and they work their asses off toward that end harder than anyone else. The white right types want to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border. Yeah, right. I don't know who they think is gonna build that wall, but I can tell you straight up that it ain't gonna be this white boy -- it's gonna be Pablo, Mario, Jose, and Armando.

I can't wait to see the look on Cracker Barrel's face when they realize that irony's a bitch...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...