Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Few Things...

Last week, I lamented that even though Obama has released his long-form birth certificate, it wouldn't do a thing to change the opinion of the birthers. Well, I am happy to say that I was wrong: birtherism is currently in steep decline (link courtesy of skippy). Usually, I find I have given people too much credit, and it disheartens me. But once in a while, I get put in my place by these same people -- and when that happens, I like it. It's one of the reasons I'll never really give up on this blogging medium: every now and then, I win even when I lose...

* * *

Of course, I wrote that birther post in late-April. On May 1, Obama delivered a brief live announcement, saying that Osama bin Laden had been killed by a team of Navy Seals. I found out the morning of May 2.

It took a few minutes for me to process this, having long since given up hope that our military would ever find bin Laden, never mind bring him to justice. At first, I was like, "They found him?" Then, "He's dead now? Really?!" And finally, "Good riddance to human rubbish!"

I didn't go out and dance in the street or anything. But I was quite pleased with this news. I had waited nine years and eight months for bin Laden to reach his day of reckoning -- and dammit, I slept right through the motherfucker! I missed the announcement!

But that's okay. Because when you think about it, it wasn't just Americans and non-Muslims al-Qaida targeted. These Sunni zealot vermin have attacked their own Muslim brothers and sisters, too, in places like Yemen, Afghanistan, Turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and Allah knows where else. And bin Laden authorized all of those attacks. He deserved to die, and our Navy Seals finally had the opportunity to go out and wax that heap of shit. I'm good with this. Totally.

And now, having said all that, I have no choice but to post this, as countless other lefty bloggers have before me...





Say whatever you want about President Obama. At least he takes his role as Commander-in-Chief seriously. Which beats the hell out of that "Wanted: Dead or Alive" horseshit that chickenhawk and fake cowboy who preceded him gave us...

* * *

Lastly, I do believe y'all need a yootoob:


Cold Blood formed back in the late 60s, but I only found out about them earlier this year. I love 'em.

Enjoy -- and til further on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...