Thursday, June 23, 2011

Still Not The Best Month I've Ever Had -- However...

Following up on the previous post, I have to say that this past day was the first decent day I've had in more than two weeks. I don't know how or why, but I got out of bed, showered, did some quick food prep for the day, and headed off to work as if the past two weeks plus change never happened. And it was a busy day, too -- we've had much more work coming in lately than usual, keeping me on my feet and working overtime. Didn't overwhelm me this time, though I was quite tired by the time I got home. That part is normal.

The people I work with noticed the change, too. I haven't gotten over the drinking hump yet, but I seem to have gotten over the emotional one. I might have to do all of this in stages -- the cold turkey way just hasn't been working. Nobody ever said battling alcoholism would be easy. And it isn't. I'm not there yet, but the light at the end of the tunnel has gotten quite a bit brighter.

Let's hope this carries over into the next work shift. I still have a lot on my plate, and will most likely be working overtime again. Vacation begins July 9...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...