Thursday, August 18, 2011

More Random Stuff...

Well. Let's see...

Today marks my 41st birthday. I guess that's cool. Today also marks my fortieth consecutive day of Sobriety Maintenance -- I consider that the more important of the two. Didn't get much sleep last night, though, in spite of this being the busiest work week I've had since going to the pre-press department, with me getting home at 12:30 AM today, yesterday, and Tuesday. It's just been an insanely busy week at the print shop. And it's going to get a little trickier -- one woman in our department will be going on vacation soon, and she won't be back til the end of August. Oh well. Uncle Sam's gonna love the chuck he'll be getting from me covering this pay period. As will Aunt Virginia.

Speaking of the print shop... I was given a key to the place yesterday. I was surprised they did that. Two months ago, my drinking had put me at risk of losing my job. How's that for turning things around? I guess they do want to keep me around. One more reason to stay the hell off the beer.

Not that I'm worried about having a relapse. Not soon, anyway. I feel a lot better now than I did one year ago, not long after I'd resumed drinking rather heavily on a nightly basis, and that's because I stopped the drinking completely last month. I'm getting more and better sleep as well, last night notwithstanding. You take what you can get. One day at a time...

* * *

I didn't catch any of the recent debate between the Republican candidates. From what I've gathered about the event, I didn't miss a thing. Those folks have nothing to offer or to say to me anyway, and there's no way any of them are getting my vote next year -- I'm not rich enough to vote Republican, and I'm not heterosexual, just to state two reasons why. The GOP is run by an old white bigoted throwback named Rush Limbaugh, and the largest segment of his audience is other old white bigoted throwbacks, and the more retrograde this shrinking demographic becomes, the more they gravitate toward Glenn Beck, a self-described borderline schizophrenic who makes Limbaugh sound like Phil Donahue. Roger Ailes must have started watching Beck's show on Fox with all that boycotting of advertisers going on and decided, "Okay, even I think this guy's batfuck crazy," because he took the show away from him.

Forget about all them. I'm voting for Obama next year. I'm not thrilled about the prospect, but given the choice between holding my nose while voting Democratic and holding my ankles while voting Republican, I'll go with the former...

* * *

And now, some Animusic...


Enjoy.

Later...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Happy to hear again that you're doing so well!! Congrats on getting the key too! It must feel WONDERFUL to know they have put so much trust in you! It's a complete 180 from a month and a half ago! GREAT!!!
    M. :-)

    ReplyDelete

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...