Monday, November 18, 2013

Well, Which Is It?

Some nativist jackhole politician in Louisiana recently supported a measure that would have diverted funding for libraries to a jail. He didn't like some of the things libraries were doing with public money, such as... "teaching Mexicans how to speak English":


Now there's a right-wing talking point you don't encounter too often. Hell, all this time I thought they didn't wan't Mexicans speaking Spanish in the U.S. I thought assimilation was the whole point.

Then again, I'm not a nativist jackhole who thinks funding prisons at the expense of libraries is a good idea because Go Back To Mexico. I wonder how that proposal fared on election day...



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...