Thursday, April 17, 2014

On Second Thought...

I'm not really invested in reconnecting with anyone from years ago. This has nothing to do with them.

It recently occurred to me that 2013 was the 25th anniversary of my graduation from North Middlesex High in Townsend, Mass. I didn't get an invitation to a reunion if there was one, but I hadn't sought an invitation either. I had some friends I held onto years after graduation, but then I up and left for Richmond in 1998, eventually losing touch with all of them.

That's the meat of the matter, isn't it? When you're the one who up and leaves, then you live with whatever comes your way. You don't have much of a right to turn to old friends -- especially when not a day goes by without you wishing you were back in the city you left all your friends behind for in '98.

Goodbye, Mike. I wish you the best from here on out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...