Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cab Stories...

I have more than a few. But this is the only one I feel like telling.

About a year ago, I was driving one of our regulars home along Tinker Road. There was a car four or five lengths ahead of us, but suddenly we went tha-dum-tha-dum. I hadn't seen anything else in front of us, and when I asked her, my customer said she saw nothing else too. So I eventually dropped her off at her house and backtracked down Tinker just to find out what happened.

Turned out I'd crushed the skull of an opossum with the cab. The poor bastard was very close to the tall grass he'd scurried from as I drove up and by.

It took two days for me to stop feeling like a worthless piece of shit after that -- and I don't even like opossums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...