Thursday, May 15, 2014

Done With Richmond...

I'm not going back there again. Richmond's a nice city, and that's the way I want to remember it. Chances are I'll be living in New England from here on out, if not necessarily Nashua -- although, having driven a taxi in this city for nineteen months, I've seen some real lovely parts of it I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life in. It's the winters that make Nashua suck more than anything else. That can't be helped -- maybe I just need to find and hook up with another silly-ass brownie bear wannabe, so he and I can keep each other warm, is all.

Once you finally get into the comfortable weather, Nashua ain't so bad. In fact, it can be downright beautiful. Hell, you go through the winter we just had, 45° starts to feel like Key West under an azure sky. Somehow, I feel like I can actually work toward living a happy rest of my life up here. It can't be the onset of dementia -- I'm only 43. But what is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...