Monday, May 12, 2014

"Before I Got Wise"...

That's the one phrase from a certain fellow cab driver that sticks in my mind more than a year after he said it to me. It sticks because once upon a time, he was married, he drove a Lexus, he owned a house, and he had his own business. These days, he's single, he drives nothing besides a cab, he lives in a one-bedroom, and he works for the same woman I do -- and I don't know what I'm doing because I don't do my job the way he does his.

Okay. Now he's wise. I should pay heed.

I would. Thing is, none of what befell him is his fault -- just ask him. The dog ate all his homework before he got wise. Trust him...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...