Thursday, August 21, 2014

Older, Yes...

Wiser? The jury's still out on that score. Odds are they'll be out for quite a while.

I turned 44 on Monday. Couldn't believe it at first. I'd outlived Robert Calvert, the occasional frontman and id of the band Hawkwind, and Andrew Breitbart, the blind pig who gave acorns a bad name, both of whom had fatal heart attacks at 43. How'd I do that?

Whatever it was, it wasn't wisdom that got me this far -- I'd still be working at the print shop in Virginia, not driving a cab in Nashua, if I had any wisdom worth speaking of. Must be a little bit pride, a little bit guile, and the littlest bit of...

Hope? Faith? Spirit?

I dunno. Whatever it is, my heart is still in it. Hell if I know why...

1 comment:

  1. Let me be the first to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!

    M.

    ReplyDelete

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...