Monday, September 22, 2014

The "Damn Scram Scare 'em"...

That was the title of some song I managed to hear while asleep and dreaming the other day. It was sung (in my dream) by the real life late 60s-early 70s British folk rock act The Strawbs, with Dave Cousins adopting a yo-ho-ho pirate vocal for what I recall being walk-the-plank tenored lyrics. Furthermore, this was played on the radio, and the DJ was none other than the late great John Peel, who credited this beyond-lost tune to a 60s British band called The Stabs.

And I thought, you don't pronounce Strawbs the way it's spelled? Huh -- I've been getting it wrong for twenty-odd years then. Then again, we're dealing with the English language and the British people, so the shortest distance between two points may very well involve a damn roundabout or two. So...

Then I woke up.

I don't know what to make of all that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...