Thursday, October 16, 2014

Twin Peaks? Let's Rock...

I distinctly remember the "25 years later" segment where Kyle Maclachlan is sitting in that Red Room. Sure enough, it's twenty-five years later, and Mark Frost and David Lynch are picking up where they left off. If I wasn't a Lynch fan, I probably wouldn't have noticed. But I am, and frankly, I find it a bit eerie. I get the sense that he knew he would revisit Twin Peaks in the future, though I can't see how. Lynch always had that otherworldly element in his work. What separates him from most other creators in that vein is that I found his stuff somewhat believable -- I just could never explain why...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...