Monday, October 6, 2014

Well, I Got That One Wrong...

Back in May, I predicted that the Detroit Tigers would go to this year's World Series. Ain't gonna happen -- the Baltimore Orioles knocked them out off the playoffs last night. But the Kansas City Royals knocked off the Los Angeles Angels, too. I strongly doubt anyone predicted an Orioles-Royals matchup for the ALCS five months ago. As for the NLCS, I'm guessing it'll be the San Francisco Giants versus the St. Louis Cardinals. But it could be the Washington Nationals versus the Los Angeles Dodgers. A Nats-Royals World Series would make George Steinbrenner spin in his grave, wouldn't it? Nothing ever seemed to make that man happy anyway. Certainly not the multiple Yankee championships. We'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...