Friday, January 23, 2015

"What"...

(Author's note: This song is the closest I ever came to contracting a revolutionary fever. And I think the lyrics touch on the fact that I have no stomach for that sort of behavior. Might explain why I like liberals but not progressives... -- JY)

The old Black Iron Prison is showing the strain of its age
That's about all I've ever known
The inmates are growing restless raising some Cain for a change
After all this time afraid and alone
The tale among the frail ones hints at deliverance from
This endless night we were born upon
We want to believe in heaven but something lesser must come
Tonight the dusk tomorrow the dawn

The sun reveals a palace by the lake
The people in the prison awake
The weary guards blink at what they see
The stirring of a long lost memory

Pastures mountains distant and fair
The sparkling river the morning glow
Birdsongs traces of smoke in the air
What came next I don't know

They said the palace will ignite a burning hell
And its fires will consume the gods themselves
Vengeance is a need that won't be ignored
And then
And then the warden will fall upon swords
And then we'll walk through those prison doors
And then my friend I don't know

The old Black Iron Prison is showing the strain of its age
That's about all I've ever known
The inmates are growing restless raising some Cain for a change
After all this time afraid and alone
The Black Iron Prison is only a stage
We are poppies and crosses row upon row

They said the palace will ignite a burning hell
And its fires will consume the gods themselves
Vengeance is a need that won't be ignored
And then
And then the warden will fall upon swords
And then we'll walk through those prison doors
And then my friend I don't know

The Black Iron Prison is only a stage
What comes next I don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...