Monday, January 19, 2015

"Everlasting Blue"...

(Author's note: It's about 7:30 AM, Tuesday the 20th. These are the lyrics to a song I started writing in... 2006? 2007? Can't remember. The music's structure has been mostly settled for some time; should I ever get around to making music again, this song wouldn't take long to lay down. But it wasn't until yesterday that I finally had the lyrics I wanted. Here they are... -- JY)

I set my heart on an end I won't reach
In response to a young raven's words
The awful sun wears me down like an ocean does a beach
Well the voice from the blue was just a bird's

Not a burn anywhere on my skin
Underneath fire runs through my veins
There's a cry at my moon and a rumble from my sin
For the grief breach of faith alone remains

Ain't that just the way you roll to cast your spell in the fashion of an anthem
Some of her was siren song unhinged
And most of him was passion without feelings
Are there any lows that you've laid bare beyond the selfish ways you planned them
Or me losing the use of my wings

Take a look at the wreck of this place
There are ghosts rising up from those stones
Telling us where to screw as they do without a trace
With a voice that we knew within our bones

No I didn't come here to invoke these ghosts or try to stir your conscience
No you didn't come here to make me grow up or soothe my savage feelings
If I give back to you this bitch that defines your whole existence
Will you give back to me my wings

I set a course for a port I won't reach
In response to a young raven's words
Believing in an anthem and this everlasting blue between me and the beach
When the voice from the blue was just a bird's
Yes the voice from the blue was just a bird's

2 comments:

  1. Where did this come from??

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came from me. Better question: What does it mean?

    I have a pretty good idea of what it means, but I can't prove it...

    ReplyDelete

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...