Thursday, September 29, 2016

She Shoots Colors All Around Like A Sunset Going Down...











I was driving the cab during the wee hours a week or so ago, listening to a Boston-area station known as The River. There is no DJ on The River after midnight, just song after unannounced song with the obligatory five minutes of crass commercials every hour. Occasionally, it surprises me with a song I haven't heard in decades, and it did so that night with "She's A Rainbow." It's funny how I can't remember what I had for supper two nights ago, but I can remember most of the words to a tune I haven't heard in, I dunno, twenty-five years.



That, and I've softened up my take on the Stones considerably. I used to like a handful of their songs, while thinking they were probably the most overrated band in rock 'n roll history. That's totally untrue. I've become something of an amateur musicologist in the last few years, checking out the artists that influenced many of my favorite musicians and their contemporaries. I like a trainload of Stones tunes now that I didn't before -- and the ones I did like then, I like a whole lot more now.



Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a First Amendment zone, but I do use word verification now. If you don't like that, well, this is also a Fifth Amendment zone. Take your pick...